You can pay online using any of the following card types:
What is Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCard?
To ensure all of your payments are secure, we use Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode. These services are offered by Visa and MasterCard in association with the bank that issued your credit/debit card and are designed to protect your details when you’re buying online, ensuring your card isn’t being used by someone else.
If the credit or debit card you’re using to pay for your order qualifies for one of the above services, you’ll be taken to a page hosted by your card issuer. This process is completely secure and any information you provide is visible only to you and your card issuer. This information will never be shared with other parties.
If you’ve already registered for this service, you’ll be asked for some details and your password before you can continue with your payment.
How do I register for Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCard?
When you go to pay, these services are automatically offered. If you haven't registered before and your card qualifies, follow the on-screen instructions to register securely and create a password for your card. This password is like an online buying version of your PIN, and identifies you and your card when you buy online with Selcobw.com.
You’ll need to remember this password for future online transactions when using that card.
Once you’ve created your password and registered, you’ll be taken back to Selcobw.com to complete your order.
Secure online buying at Selco
Your security and privacy while buying online with Selco is priority. We’re committed to ensuring your online buying experience is extremely safe and secure every time.
Your browser will be in secure mode from the moment you register, sign in or use the checkout, so any personal or payment details will always be secure.
You can double check your browser is in secure mode by looking for the following information:
- Internet Explorer - Look for the padlock icon at the bottom-right of your browser window
- Mozilla Firefox - Look for the padlock and ‘https://’ in your address bar
- Google Chrome - Look for the padlock and ‘https://’ in your address bar
- Some websites have a green padlock followed by ‘https://’.
Selcobw.com only accepts order placed using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL technology prevents you from revealing personal information using an insecure connection.
During payment, as an additional security check we ask for your card signature code (the 3 digit number on the back of your card) and a billing address.
Your card details will be encrypted and stored by Selcobw.com for payment and refund purposes. You can also save your credit card details in the ‘checkout’ page. This is done on your own computer in the form or a ‘cookie’. You can find out more about cookies here.
Your payment information is not accessible to anyone at Selco.
Keep your personal details safe
- Always close down your internet browser when you’ve finished buying online, especially if you use a shared computer or tablet.
- If you receive a suspicious email claiming to be from Selco and it includes a request for financial information, do not click any links or open any attached documents. If you receive a suspicious email claiming to be from Selco, please get in touch with us ASAP.
- We will NEVER ask for your personal PIN. Never reveal your PIN to anyone in person or online.
How does my browser protect me and my personal and private data?
Most browsers support ‘secure mode’, but you can also configure your web browser to let you know whenever your details are being sent by a method that isn’t secure.
- Internet Explorer. Select View, Options, and then click the Security tab. Check all warning boxes are ticked.
- Mozilla Firefox. Select Tools, Options, and then click the Security tab. Click settings in the warning messages section and check all warning boxes are ticked.
- Google Chrome allows you to check a site’s connection and check the site is trusted by clicking the lock symbol in the address bar.