Selco Stars Returns
It’s back – Selco Stars has returned for 2020 and with it comes the chance to make a huge difference to your charity or community group at a time when it is needed most.
The coronavirus crisis has left a major rebuilding process for all sections of society so we want to play our part in the recovery for charities and community groups.
From July to December, we are offering any organisation which benefits the community the chance to win £500 of building materials to use on a project or on a building – and potentially £5,000 cash on top.
It could be a charity, a local scout group, a sports club or a community centre which hosts classes throughout the week. We welcome entries from any organisation or charity which serves the community.
Each month for six months, two good causes will be selected by our judges to receive £500 worth of building materials to improve their facility or assist with a project. The 12 finalists then go before a public vote for the chance to win £5,000 cash in early 2021.
And this year, to mark our 125th anniversary, the charity in second place overall in the vote will also bag a £1,250 windfall.
Entry is simple – just fill in the form below to be in contention for the monthly prizes and our judges will review all the entries before deciding on the winners.
Here’s your chance to follow in the footsteps of our 2019 winners Greenwich & Bexley Hospice, which used the £500 of building materials and £5,000 cash to renovate and improve access to its popular garden.
Selco Stars Explained
Selco Stars Community Competition Terms and ConditionsEntry:
- You must comply with the full terms and conditions of the competition detailed below: Number of Entries Allowed:
- One entry per charity/community group/club/team/good cause per month.
- Entry is through registering online at www.selcobw.com/selco-stars. Dates:
- Applications for each month close at 11.59pm on the last day of the month.
- Two winners will be selected each month from entries received from July through to December. Prizes:
- Each month, two charities will be selected by a panel of judges to receive up to £500 worth of building materials redeemable from Selco. It does not include labour costs or time.
- The 12 monthly winners will take part in a public vote in January conducted on the Selco Builders Warehouse website. The charity/community group/club/team/good cause with the most votes after a month will receive £5,000. The charity/community group/club/team/good cause with the second most votes after a month will receive £1,250. Entry Restrictions:
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- Entrants must be representing a genuine charity, community group, club, team or good cause.
- Entries via third parties are not acceptable. Winner:
- The two monthly winners of the Selco Stars competition will be decided by a panel of judges from Selco. The judges’ decision is final. Winner Notification:
- The two monthly winners will be notified in writing or by telephone 10 working days after the end of each month. The winner of the public vote will be notified within five working days of the closing of the vote. Promoter:
- Selco Builders Warehouse, whose registered name and office is SELCO TRADE CENTRES LIMITED, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02182671 whose registered office is at First Floor, Boundary House, 2 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6LW. Publicity:
- By participating in the competition, you give permission for Selco to use your name to be publicised within Selco and for PR purposes if you are the prize winner. Permission would be obtained to use photographs. Data Protection:
- This section explains how personal information you submit in your Application may be used by us.
- We may use your personal information for the following reasons: 17a) compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice;
- Please contact Selco Marketing Department at Boundary House, 2 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6LW if you would like to correct or request (in accordance with applicable law) information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions in relation to the above. We may charge a small fee for providing personal data about you as permitted by applicable law.
- You can withdraw your consent to use of your personal data for marketing at any time by contacting us at Selco Marketing Team, at Boundary House, 2 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6LW, Telephone 01564 821000.
- By submitting your Application, you consent to the processing, disclosure and international transfer of your personal information as described above. Other:
- Prizes may be subject to tax and national insurance. It is the winner’s responsibility to declare prizes to HMRC.
17b) to publicise the winners’ details;
17c) operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control; and
17d) to promote other services offered by us or any of our group companies which may be of interest to you (unless you do not provide your consent for such use within your Application).