Spend £75 ex vat between 18-30th June & get a FREE Scratch Card!
Thousands of prizes and gifts:
How to Claim:
These terms and conditions shall apply exclusively to your participation in the Scratch & Score scratch card promotion (the “Promotion”) operated by Selco Trade Centres Limited (company number 02182671) with its registered office at First Floor, Boundary House, 2 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6LW (the “Promoter”). By entering the Promotion and submitting your Scratch & Score Scratch Card to claim a prize or free gift, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- How to Participate
- In order to enter the Promotion, you must be a registered Selco Trade Card holder at the time of your transaction and spend over £75 (excluding VAT) during the period of the Promotion in a single transaction either at a Selco Trade Centre or as a ‘Click & Collect’ transaction online (a “Qualifying Transaction”). You will receive one Scratch & Score Scratch Card for each Qualifying Transaction. You will be given the Scratch & Score Scratch Card from the cashier at the point of purchase or along with your delivery or collection of Hire equipment.
- No additional Scratch & Score Scratch Cards will be offered regardless of the value of the Qualifying Transaction in excess of £75 (excluding VAT). Separate individuals or Selco Trade Card holders may not combine purchases together in order to form a Qualifying Transaction.
- You must be a resident of England, Wales or Scotland and aged over 18 years of age on the date of the Qualifying Transaction. You may be required to provide proof of age and/or your Selco Trade Card when redeeming a Scratch & Score Scratch Card.
- You will need to show proof of purchase when redeeming a Scratch & Score Scratch Card by quoting the document number on your invoice.
- Employees of the Promotor or of any other member of the Grafton Group (consisting of the Promotor and any subsidiaries or holding companies of the Promoter and any subsidiaries of any such holding companies) and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
- The scratch panel on the Scratch & Score Scratch Card will reveal whether you have won a Prize or qualified for a Free Gift. Details of the Prizes and Free Gifts, and how to redeem your Scratch & Score Scratch Card are set out below.
- The Scratch & Score Scratch Card will be void if the code panel is removed.
- Start Date
The Promotion will start at 6:30 am on 18 June 2018.
- Closing Date
The closing date for the Promotion will be 4:00 pm on 30 June 2018 (“Closing Date”). Any Scratch & Score Scratch Cards issued before the Closing Date must be redeemed by 8:00 pm on 15 July 2018. Any Scratch & Score Scratch Cards not redeemed by 8:00 pm on 15 July 2018 will be void.
- The prizes (each a “Prize” and together the “Prizes”) that can be won are:
- 5 prizes of £1,000 cash – winners will be paid the Prize by way of cash to be collected in the branch at which you made the qualifying transaction;
- 65 prizes of a pair of tickets to the T20 Blast Finals Day at Edgbaston – the Prize will consist of two admission tickets to the T20 Blast Finals Day at Edgbaston to be held on Saturday 15 September 2018. Winners will be responsible for travel to and from the venue and for all other costs incurred inconnection with attendance at the event. The Promoter shall not be liable or obligated to provide an alternative Prize in the event that any winner is unable to attend the event, if any winner is excluded or removed from the event (unless due to an act or omission of the Promoter) or if the event is cancelled or postponed due to reasons outside of the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- 65 prizes of a 32” Toshiba LED backlit Smart HD television;
- 130 prizes of a Kettle Barbecue;
- 650 prizes of a Makita Brushless 10.8V Combi Drill.
The winning scratch cards for the top prizes of £1,000 will be allocated randomly across all our 65 branches. The other prizes will be allocated so that there is 1 television, 1 pair of T20 tickets, 2 kettle barbecues and 10 Combi Drills available to be won in each of our 65 branches. The operation and use of each of these prizes is subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions.
- In the event that your Scratch & Score Scratch Card reveals that you have won a Prize the winning Scratch & Score Scratch Card will provide details of the telephone number to use to contact the Promoter in order to claim your Prize. You will need to quote your Selco Trade Card account number and your invoice number as well as your winning Scratch & Score Scratch Card number (shown on the card). The Prize will be delivered within 10 working days from the date that the Promoter receives of your valid claim.
- The above specifications of Prizes are subject to change by the manufacturer without notice.
- Winning Scratch & Score Scratch Cards can be redeemed until 8:00pm on 15 July 2018.
- There are no alternative Prizes and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The Prizes are non-transferable and will be awarded directly to the winners only. They may not be resold.
- The winners are responsible for all applicable taxes, costs and expenses not specified in the description of the Prizes above.
- The prizes (each a “Prize” and together the “Prizes”) that can be won are:
- In the event that you have not won a Prize, you will still qualify for a free gift. You will be entitled to redeem your Scratch & Score Scratch Card at the Trade Desk for the free gift set out on the Scratch & Score Scratch Card (“Free Gift”).
- Scratch & Score Scratch Cards are redeemable for the relevant Free Gift at the Trade Desk (or online for discount vouchers) in any Selco Trade Centre in Great Britain and can be redeemed until 8:00pm on 15 July 2018.
- The Free Gifts are:
- Selco branded mini footballs;
- 10% off vouchers – such vouchers can be redeemed in any Selco Trade Centre or online for 10% off your next purchase. The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash or for any alternative Free Gift. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to accept any vouchers which it reasonably considers have been tampered with, duplicated or damaged. The scratch card should be used as a voucher but cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotional product, products featured in the monthly Real Deals brochure, web offers or in addition to existing discount terms on a Selco account. The Promoter shall not be liable where a voucher has been lost or stolen following the provision of the voucher to the customer.
- Breakfast sandwich vouchers – such vouchers can be redeemed in any Selco Trade Centre cafe for a free breakfast sandwich. The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash or for any alternative Free Gift. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to accept any vouchers which it reasonably considers have been tampered with, duplicated or damaged. The Promoter shall not be liable where a voucher has been lost or stolen following the provision of the voucher to the customer.
- A Free Gift cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other Free Gift.
- The Promoter will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged Scratch & Score Scratch Cards, Prizes or Free Gifts.
- Prizes and Free Gifts are subject to availability and in the event that any Prize or Free Gift is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize or free gift (as applicable) of equal or greater value.
- By participating in the Promotion:
- you agreed to participate in reasonable marketing activities if you win a Prize which may include having your photograph taken and used instore and online; and
- winners hereby agree to their name and county being made available on request in accordance with Clause 10.1.
The Promoter reserves the right to investigate claims for Free Gifts or Prizes, including where it believes any claim to be fraudulent. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify (or refuse to provide any Free Gift or Prize to) any person it suspects or finds to:
- have tampered or otherwise interfered with the Scratch & Score Scratch Card;
- have provided the Promoter with inaccurate information at the time of redeeming the Scratch & Score Scratch Card or entering into the Qualifying Transaction;
- behave in a way that may bring the Promoter or any member of the Grafton Group into disrepute;
- have acted in a manner that materially breaches these terms and conditions;
- have otherwise acted fraudulently in relation to the Promotion or the claiming of a Prize or Free Gift.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any typographical or other error or omission in any Scratch & Score Scratch Cards or other printed material in relation to the Promotion.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept liability for any losses or claims arising out of participation in the Promotion or the acceptance of any Prize or Free Gift.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or fraud.
- The name and county of the winners of Prizes can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Marketing Department, Selco Builders Warehouse Boundary House, 2 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham B47 6LW.
- The Promoter’s decisions in all promotional matters in relation to the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promotion is not affiliated with, or sponsored or endorsed by, the manufacturer or supplier of the Prizes or the Free Gifts and trade marks, logos and product names or descriptions are the property of their respective owners.
- No failure by the Promoter to enforce a clause of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to be a waiver of the rights set out in it.
- If any clause of these Terms and Conditions is deemed to be unenforceable then it shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- The contract formed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions is between you and the Promoter only and no other person shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Selco Trade Centre Limited
© May 2018